Thursday, June 21, 2012

'The Artist' review

On Wednesday, thanks to Nuffnang and Roadshow Entertainment, I went for my first Nuffnang event!

And I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised!
It was a silent film that I really enjoyed and didn't fall asleep! 
It was held at the Gold Class cinema at Jam Factory. A good excuse to leave work on time, we got to South Yarra train station at 6.20pm. We had Spudbar for dinner before we got to the cinema and it was one hell of a satisfying serve of carbs!

Upon arrival, I instantly knew I was among Nuffnangers. Smartphones came out, flashes all around the place to get the best photo of the entrance.
I too couldn't help myself. 


We got a drink each and made our way inside the cinema. 
I've only been to the Director's Suite in Hoyts once and because the reclining seats were so comfortable, I fell asleep during Iron Man! I know. I've never done that before but with a blanket to cover my cold feet, even the sound effects couldn't stop me from getting a shut-eye. We also found a DVD of the movie once we got to our comfy seats. 


If you're into (or even if you're not into) silent films, you should watch it when it comes out on DVD on June 28th. I won't spoil it for you.

Till the next one, here's a shot of my favourite bit of the film.
Gotta love a drama queen! Have a good cold weekend and keep your feet warm with your favourite pair of W(Uggs)! 


No comments: