Wednesday, July 14, 2010

23 and counting

It has been three quick months since I started my career. Yes, career. Not a part-time job at a cafe or a bookstore. Not a casual tutor at uni teaching marketing to first year students (though that paid my very very well, much more (per hour) than what I am earning now. Though at uni, I only work seven hours a week including an hour for consultation where students are meant to come and ask for help if they've got any problems with the subject or keeping up with what I'm teaching in class.

With my job now, I pay much more tax (shitloads), I get paid once a month (instead of every fortnight) which makes me budget my expenses better BUT I enjoy it because everyday is different and I'm constantly faced with new tasks and troubles. With that said, I still LOVE my weekends and count the days before the next one comes around!

With the job, comes the rewards. It's good because I get paid at the end of every month. I no longer have to worry about semester holidays or any other holidays where I don't teach at uni. I have more to spend now than before and I'm not so worried about the bills and rent every month. I've also managed to start saving up and still have some leftover to spend on things that I like. I've recently bought Mary Poppins The Musical tickets and I cannot wait until September. It was all sold out and the best tickets I could get were for a Sunday evening one.


How can you forget Julie Andrews with her umbrella singing "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious"!


or the Banks children who seem so fascinated by everything



Also, it has been a while since I've had time for this blog and birthday wishes.

Judy turns 23 tomorrow. Happy Birthday dear! Have an awesome one! Hope you enjoyed your trip to India



Just before I go, here's my favourite lines from my favourite TV series.

How you doing?
"Joey Tribbiani- Friends"

Legendary!
"Barney Stinson- How I Met Your Mother"

and my absolute favourite.....


Abso-fucking-lutely!!!
"Mr Big- Sex and The City"


Till the next one,
Watch an episode of Friends for some laughter!

No comments: