Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Winter Break

As I walk out the gate with the cold winds gushing at my face, I know I'm not on first class. I've got to carry my bag, walk out with everyone else in the cold and up the stairway onto the plane. Clearly not Singapore Airlines or Emirates. It was Jetstar.

I was on a business trip to Gold Coast during the week and the weather there was awesome. A few hours after touchdown, I realised that they don't experience much of the winter at all. The skies are sunny and clear. The breeze is what you feel when you're on a holiday. Seriously, how do people get any work done at the Gold Coast? Almost everyone you see over there is on a holiday of some sort. People wearing shorts in the middle of winter with their sunnies on all day. Unfortunately, it was too short of a trip. Three days were obviously not enough and coming back to a rainy night in Melbourne was a bit of a bummer.

This was my first business trip with the company. I was quite excited about it because it was our first sales meeting of the financial year. We've got Territory Managers all around the country and I have only met up with the Victoria guys. It was my chance to finally meet the others, putting a face to the names and the voices I've been talking to for the past 4 months. It was a good trip. We stayed and had our meeting at the Crown Plaza on Surfers Paradise, the best place along the Gold Coast. The team worked hard and played hard. The meeting started at 9 in the morning after breakfast and went through until 5pm with lunch and tea breaks in between. The nights were fun as well. The best part about the company that I work with, they love karaoke. What a relief. I am in the right company. I love what I do, I enjoy working with the people in the office and I enjoy the karaoke sessions with them!!

Unfortunately, I went shopping again over the weekend.
There was a 10% off all cosmetics, perfumes and bath and body products at Myers on Saturday. So after a dim sum brunch, I got this new baby

Say hello to Essence by Narciso Rodriguez. It is not strong neither does it have any flowery scent. It has this fresh 'just-out-of-the-shower' scent which I love.

I also got two new reads from Borders. 'Jane Eyre' by Charlotte Bronte and a recommended 'Love in the Time of Cholera' by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. The best part about the purchase is that I didn't have to spend heaps on them. Penguin Books started publishing the best books for everyone to enjoy at an awesome low price of $9.99 including GST! Where else can you get a read that's the same price as lunch? I'll update how the book goes soon enough.

One last thing.
The biggest toy sale is on now in Melbourne. All toys are marked down at Target and I have my eye on something furry, red, soft and cuddly. I know I'm too old for toys now but I can't help it. I really wanted to get it over the weekend but decided against it. I think I'll get it sometime this week. Stay tuned for pictures. I know you're going to love it as much as I will!!

Till the next one,
Have a great week ahead!

1 comment: