Sunday, August 29, 2010

the-work-post

I remember the last time I spent this much time on my blog. It was way back when I used to (constantly) procrastinate my uni assignments, journal readings and thesis research. After 16 years of schooling, I don't think I have changed much. I've learned a lot but old habits die hard. I still try my best-est to come up with considerable good quality work although I've always managed to take the longest time possible to finish them. It's just a skill that I have. One that I'm obviously not willing to give up.

Not even now. When I'm working.

It's a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Not as sunny as I want it to but thankfully not as cold as the past week. After a Malaysian char koay teow lunch at this place called "Gurney Drive" (I-kid-you-not) down the street from my place, I'm sitting in front of fatboy's PC (with two screens, which allows me to play Restaurant City while typing this entry) with a hot mug of tea, only because I'm warming myself up after having an ice-cream. For the first time since I started working, I brought work home over the weekend; not because I wanted to, because I had to.

You think I'm careless because I'm young and forgetful and irresponsible. That's not true. Other people leave stuff to the last minute too and it really annoys me when I've got to pick up the pieces and rush all because "THEY FORGOT". Yea, you forgetting means me having to bring work home over the weekend. dumbo. I don't really give a shit if you forget your own work and have to stay back half an hour. I've got a life too (even if I want to iron my clothes on a Sunday afternoon with my brand new iron).

I've got to get back to work. The advertising artwork is due tomorrow and I've got some editing to do. I'm just trying to get as much done and I'll ask hunlin to help me when he gets back home from uni. That's just the few benefits of dating an architect-to-be nerd.

Till the next one,
Have a great week ahead!

No comments: